Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2

Anyone who has been to my blog before knows I primarily work with fiber art, but I do creative things in many different mediums- it's too hard to stick with just one :)

For today's art, I decided to try and design something to go on our holiday cards this year. I always make our greeting cards because I enjoy it and it's a little bit of a personal touch that I think our recipients also enjoy.

I'm not sure if I will use this little guy or not, but he was a lot of fun to do anyway.




This is in a Strathmore 3"x 5" watercolor book. I just love this book because it's so small and light, but it will easily take anything I can throw at it. 

I did the sketch with a 2H pencil, outlined it with a Pigma Micron 05 pen in black, then added color with my very favorite Derwent Inktense pencils. I take these pencils with me often when I travel because they are so versatile and I just love what I can do with them.

So far, so good!

0 comments: