Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Swapzville at Scrapzville!

Hi all!

I have been having a lot of fun over the last couple of months, participating in some mini-album swaps over at Scrapzville! You can click on the link and go there too, and join in if you like- or click on the Swapzville button to the right of this post.

I joined the swap in September and Scrapzville's swap queen, Felicia, was my partner. You can see a little video that Felicia made of the album she sent me here: http://scrapzville.blogspot.com/2010/09/christas-album-sorry-its-out-of-focus.html
She does a much better job of showing the album than I could. It is beautiful and I am amazed that someone could do all of that, starting with TP tubes!

Then I joined again for the October "Frightful and Delightful" swap- and look what I got from Ann! I have to do photos- and they don't do it justice at all, because you just can't show everything that comes out or opens or pops up. But trust me when I say I was plenty delighted with this album! Thank you SO much, Ann!













Both of the albums I have received in the swaps look so professional and stunning; these women have scrapbooking super-powers!

I actually feel kind of sorry for the ladies that get stuck with me for a swap partner! I am such a novice and it really shows. I LOVED making the albums I made, and these two I have received have already taught me a lot of things- but I am a rank amateur, no doubt about it.

These are jolly gals to play with though, and I am thankful that they have been gracious and encouraging about my fledgling skills.

Over the Christmas holidays, or before if I can make a little time, I am going to fill these lovelies with old photos and put them up on my mantle- they are so beautiful, they just NEED to be displayed! And I have to tell you, my kids are going to have so much fun looking through these!

Thanks again, Felicia and Ann, you are amazing artists and I am just thrilled to have some of your work in my home!

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Amateur, no - great swapper, yes!!
I loved the album you sent me, I'm looking forward to having you back in January!!
Thanks Christa, for great friendship and for being a Scrapzville swapper!!!!

Felicia said...

Hi again, i've given up emailing you - I have no idea where those messages go, but its not to you!
Guess what I got today? Thankyou!!!!! That is really too many goodies, i'm thrilled with them. The prinable organza is very cool - can't wait to play with that.
Hope your quilt is coming along well . xxx

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

Hi, Christa,
You won my blog give-away for the totebag and apron. Pop me a message at susan@bluemoonriver.com, and give me your address, and I'll get them in the mail to you!
Susan
http://wwwbluemoonriver.blogspot.com

Ann H said...

Hi Christa,
I,like Felicia, have been trying to contact you via email and through the Crafty Alley ning but the gremlins aren't allowing it. I want to thank you so much for your gorgeous mini book and all the lovely goodies. Stop being so modest about your scrapping skills, you are very capable. Thanks again for swapping with me and I hope that this comment will reach you.
Ann X