Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another face


Though I like that I can draw faces and am quite proud of myself overall, I think the eyes on my portraits so far have been a little too hard, too "slitty" (I know that isn't a word, but I don't know how else to describe it). I really want to do Suzi's sleepy-sexy eye without them looking suspicious! lol

So I keep drawing eyes on my practice page and I keep making faces in both my tiny and large sketch books. It's getting easier to remember what goes where, what the proportions are, and even though I am not great at the shading, I am starting to get it.

Here is a sweeter, softer face for the Goddess & Poet class, one that I find appealing and less harsh. I know I still have lots to learn and will only improve with doing. This photo isn't very good, but for some unknown and frustrating reason, my scanner has stopped cooperating with my computer.

I must say, very few things have enthralled me like this class has. One woman taking the class blogged that she is obsessed- and I know the feeling! So many of us in the class are feeling the same way; putting other stuff off so we can sketch, constantly thinking about it, adding little pencil strokes here and there, shading just a bit more... lol It really is a LOT of fun. And very relaxing too, I might add. Which at this juncture in time for me, is very helpful.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Christa--hey I can finally comment on your blog :D She's beautiful--What is it about sketching these faces--that's all we want to do. It's so relaxing for me--and I love the way Suzie teaches!