Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What I have been up to..

Well, mostly what I have been up to is gardening and playing catch-up, like I mentioned in my last post.


But I did squeeze in some bits and bobs of stuff when I could.

I finished my Arte Journal entry, "Who Do I Think I Am?" and it is COMPLETELY different than my vision of it when I started. Can't even tell you where it came from. But here it is:



And I have done another layer on my wood angel. Made her hair red, but scraped away some of it and then you can still see the blonde underneath.

I submitted this to the critique of my class, and Suzi's suggestion was to add some depth to the lines where her wings meet the background and a little where her hair meets her wings. I also thought I might add a little more texture to the middle of her wings, but I will have to see what I think after I add the darker colour to it.


Today I will be starting my Elizabeth on wood for the Piety & Passion class. I have several 3/4 sketches to choose from. I just need to pick one, attach her and get going! 

If I have time to pick up a couple of new paint colours, I will do the next step on this angel too. I don't have a lot of colours at home, I tend to buy them as I need them.

And last but not least, my new Susan Tuttle book came in just yesterday, "Digital Expressions: Creating Digital Art with Adobe Photoshop Elements", and I have barely had time to look! 

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love to take photographs. My goal is to fill our home with our photos, some just the way they are, and some altered and played with... 

At this point in time, we have so little on the walls. But of what we do have up, my favourite is my 3D fabric photo that I made in a class with Heather Thomas. It is hung up close to my computer desk and makes me happy every time I see it! (Some of you have already seen this, it was taken on our trip to Portugal last year)




3 comments:

Diane said...

You're doing good there, girl!! That journal spread is crazy cool!

Felicia said...

I'm starting to think you maybe have a time machine so that you can squeeze at least 28 hours into the regular 24!!
You are Sooo good at getting things done, the journal page is great and your angel is really getting depth and colour - gorgeous!!
We've just found a quilting teacher for the shop, i'm dying to learn... I'll be emailing you for help'!!
Take care xx

Felicia said...

Good morning from a sunny Ireland!
I run a monthly swap that anyone can join (please do!!!) we usually swap a mini book that i give a theme for and assign partners. But this month its going to be a quicker project.... stay tuned for the details!! x