Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fairy Jar a la Suzi Blu!





I have signed up for a Suzi Blu drawing class online- The Goddess & The Poet, but haven't been able to start yet. I'm guessing this is because the lovely Suzi Blu has been at CHA... hopefully soon though, I have all my supplies and am chomping at the bit to get started!

Anyway, in the meantime, I have been watching numerous YouTube Suzi videos and I find her so inspiring!

My friend Mona's birthday is this coming weekend and I wanted to make her something to keep in her studio- then I saw the Captured Fairy Jar by Suzi and said "AHA!!!" lol

I didn't have the same supplies exactly, but as I have a good imagination and a lofty supply of cool and interesting things in my studio, I didn't have any trouble substituting.

And here is what I came up with! The front of the jar says "BELIEVE" and the tag I wrote on the back says: "Believe- not only in the magic of the world around you, but in your own Beauty- your own Talent- your own Strength" Something I think we should all do!

I painted the sky inside the jar and stuck on stars, I added glitter, flowers, and a fairy like Suzi, but instead of moss at the bottom of the jar I have glass marbles and funky yarn. I tied many layers of tulle and organza to the top (to keep the fairy in) and used lots of ribbons to tie it shut and hang the metal tags from. The tags say: believe, create, inspire, dream, and savor. There are some teeny tiny bells and also a couple of heart charms.

I hope Mona looks at this jar often and remembers that she is valued as a friend and is an inspiration to me.

It was fun to make and I am on a roll!

0 comments: