Saturday, November 21, 2009

Book signing and shameless name-dropping!


Last night was the bash at Wild Heather Quilts and Mixed Media Supplies for the book signing! What a fun night it was!

The book is called "Fabric Embellishing- The basics & beyond" and is a MUST HAVE for anyone interested in learning a whole whack of techniques for adding style and personality to their work. The authors are listed as such: Ruth Chandler, Liz Kettle, Heather Thomas, Lauren Vlcek. It's published by Landauer Books. (Please ignore my poor photography!) The book was reviewed in the Nov/Dec 2009 issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors- and they say if you are interested in embellishing, this book is a must have! I can attest to that.

It's so great to see friends get published! It's so cool to actually KNOW a couple of the authors! Of course, I know Heather Thomas because she owns the Wild Heather shop where I could spend ALL of my free time and money-and I have taken the best classes with her- she is a fabulous teacher and a lot of fun! I know Liz from the days that Mona and I were going down to Monument for the ATC group before Heather moved the shop to Englewood. Liz is also a lot of fun.

Since getting into quilting and art, it has been my great fortune to be surrounded by well-known designers and teachers. First, back in Ontario, Canada where I moved from: Nellie Holmes, Christine Baker, and Jean Boyd, who can be found at: http://www.uppercanadaquiltworks.com/- the front page of that site has links to each of their sites; and now Heather Thomas (http://www.wildheatherdesigns.com/ - the store will be closing soon, but it is my understanding that the online store will stay up) and Liz Kettle (http://www.textileevolution.com/). I am a very lucky girl!

0 comments: